From: Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:12:38 +0100

You had it right in this response. All of the posts after this one were completely off base.

qazmlp a écrit :

(&(67>minRangeBoundary)(67<=maxRangeBoundary))

Except in LDAP you can only use <= and >= in filters. But that's perfectly fine for this situation.

In the first look, it seems to be a good idea.
And it is.

But, I do not understand
how exactly the user can predict the values for the min/maxRangeBoundary.
You don't predict them, you inject them in the entries.

Assume the following 2 entries exist:

Entry-1:
-------
productID:15-22
colour: White
size: small
<other attribute values>

Entry-2:
-------
productID:74-112
colour: Blue
size: large
<other attribute values>

Now, I would like to do an LDAP search for the productID:18 and it should
match with the Entry-1 in the above example. How can I know in advance
that the LDAP search should be done like '(&(productID=15)(productID=22)'?
Isn't it?
You should add two attributesin your entries : minRangeBoundary and maxRangeBoundary

Entry-1:
-------
productID:15-22
minRangeBoundary: 15