"Steve Scanavarro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello Jon!
> Thanks for your help!
> Actually in my mailserver (postfix) i'm only pointing to the LDAP server (in
> ldap.conf):
>
> host 192.168.1.10
> base dc=server,dc=company
> ldap_version 3
> binddn cn=Manager,dc=server,dc=company
> bindpw password
> pam_login_attribute sAMAccountName

These are not valid entries for OpenLDAP ldap.conf!
This is the pam_ldap.conf, OpenLDAP client configuration can be found
in etc/openldap.ldap.conf

> My idea was to put the other server host in case of not finding the user in
> the first one (the host is 192.168.1.15, and the "base" is dc=another,dc=
> company). How to make the client (imagine it as an LDAP client, and not an
> email server) to check the next server on an empty search result???

man ldap.conf(5), see the URI parameter.

> Do you have an example of using meta backend?

man slapd-meta(5)

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]