Peter Whiting wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 08:56:24AM -0800, Carl Youngblood wrote:
>

>>   I appreciate your concerns Pete, but I don't think that
>>   the analogy holds. This script resides on someone's local
>>   computer and does not publish the user's username or
>>   password anywhere.
>

> based on this comment from the original post:
>
>  "The script is set up as a web application (perl CGI). They go
>  to a form that is hosted on a web site."
>
> I assume the script is not residing on the user's computer -
> rather on some external site. If this assumption is correct than
> it could be a phishing attack. (For the record, I know Stacey and
> am definitely not accusing him of phishing.)

Yes, the only kind of phishing I enjoy is (fly) "fishing".  :)

Yes, the cgi script is hosted on a simple web portal which makes it easy
to support for the stake leaders that use it.  Having to install on
their desktop would require a lot more support but would resolve the
potential problem of a "covert channel" added to the script that saves
off username/passwords.

Given that an almost working calendar export feature is available from
the ldschurch guys I am planning to replace my script with an
instruction page on how to export calendars directly.

Best Regards,

-stacey.