-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Welch
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:29 AM
To: LDS Open Source Software
Subject: Re: [Ldsoss] Scout Tracking

If the Church were to host the site, would that alleviate your concerns?
Currently you can get a ward listing of all members in the ward, their
address and phone numbers from the ward unit website.  This would not be
much different.

Tom

Steven H. McCown wrote:
> I can appreciate all the fervor for a web-based app.  However,
>
> 1) The church has said no websites.  You can't get away with making
> the "this is scouting and that is the church" distinction, anymore.
>
> 2) It is a legal problem to start posting information about minor
> children to the Internet.  That would have to be decided at Church HQ
> and not by the local units.  They don't even allow information to be
> posted into Family Search about living people, they just insert a
> "LIVING" placeholder.  Being involved with security professionally, I
> would not give my consent.  This is a huge pitfall -- despite good
> intentions -- it would be wise not to fall into it.
>
> Steve

Tom Welch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(801) 240-1609
(858) 829-4614 - Cell

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the
 intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
 privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
 disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email