On 8 Jul 2006 at 8:08, Steven H. McCown wrote:

> Since the requirement/goal/whatever was that the software be
> accessible to all church users and non-church users, shouldn't
> the platform and tools choice reflect *their preferences*???
> Shouldn't we go where the users are? Where they are likely to be?
>  What are they more likely to use?  What are their tolerances?

This is the same tired argument for why so many people use
Windows, because that is where the applications are. Well, if
the applications that people want were on Linux, then the users
would be there also.

If the application is written as a hosted web app, it really
doesn't matter what platform the end user has as long as it has
a browser and net access. I have no doubt that there are plenty
of people out there (me included) who would be happy to host it
for our units, and likely other units, if the Church doesn't.

--Richard