On 12/19/06, John Epeneter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:21:15 -0700
> From: Andrew McNabb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Ldsoss] Ward Website Email Broadcasting

Bro. Andrew,
> Has anyone dealt with a similar situation,
My stake president is also a very busy man (what SP isn't?) and is not
particularly tech-savvy.
> or at least used the MSS system?
When I was called as Stake Exec Sec, we were still using the old DOS
system.  That ended about 5 minutes after I was set apart.
> Is there any way for other people to get access without the Stake
President having to be so directly involved?
Method 1) Get your SP's login credentials and do it for him (not
recommended).
Method 2) Use a remote tool like GotoAssist or Remote Assistance or
whatever.  I use it regularly with my SP to install software, such as
WardTools on his handheld, or help with MSS issues.  I walked him
through signing into MSS, adding me as a remote clerk.  It took 5
minutes.  He gave me full submission rights and will occassionally tell
me or email me the comments so I can transcribe them into the system for
him.

Either way Bro. Brent is right:
> Our stake has been using the online missionary system for almost a
year and it works very well.
I will NEVER go back (unless my priesthood leader says God wants us too
:-).

Now if we could just convince HQ to send email notifications to us when
the calls are issued (instead of snail-mailing it)....

-John-