I need to ask you a few questions before I can give you some advice that would help and
not be a hindrance:

1. Since the wireless connection is shared, the throughput is most important. How fast is the
connection to the ISP going in both directions?

2. If you know it, who is the ISP providing the connection?

3. What kind of connection is it from the neighbor to the ISP?

4. Does your brother's in-laws have any special telephone needs such as fax, or special features desired?

5. Is it more important to have good quality audio and service than price?

6. Do they call outside the US?

I know it's a lot of questions to start with, but there are a plethora providers out there far better than either
Skype or Vonage, so I want to direct you towards several that might work.

Big Daddy wrote:
Scenerio:
My brother's in-laws have a trailer in sanford. I will be setting them up with wireless internet access this week (shared from a neighbor, with permission).

They do not have a phone line and need a telephone so therfore want me to set them up with VOIP. I will need to have the VOIP adapter before I go there (2 hr drive each way) so he wants to be what is needed when I am with him so he does not get the wrong thing.

Is see that Circuit City, Best Buy, etc sell adapters with Vonage or Skype.

I do have a VOIP speed test utility but it can't be run until I set up the wireless.

Questions:
1. Is wireless (usually) sufficent for VOIP?
2. Which VOIP provider do I NOT go with. I understand one of them Vonage or Skype filed for bancruptcy.
3. Is there any thing else I need to be aware of?

Big Daddy
4796 S. Linoln Ridge Drive
Tucson, AZ 85730

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.