I'm sure it has.  Mine is a common problem / solution.  Still, I haven't
seen it on the streets, yet.  This is the kind of thing that a commercial
genealogy site would startup as a trial to premium service.  I was a little
soured on those types of sites that wanted me to submit my gedcom files so
that they could host them and then advertise the real good 'locked' features
back to me for a subscription rate.  Nothing wrong with that business model,
it's just that I didn't like that every search was an advertisement.

This seems like the next logical evolution in genealogy software - social
networking for ancestors is an interesting viewpoint.  I think that it would
be neat to create the search / correlation tools for everyone to enjoy .
free from premium fees.

I've seen a lot of discussion surrounding making genealogy software
accessible to this programming language or that.  What I'm after with this
is to create new functionality - independent of language (although a Java
API has been set by precedent).

Steve

  _____