Steven Peck wrote:

> > ...DocBook...

> I finally filtered through all the technical jargan and I have re-written
> most of what I have, added a bit.  Next up is validating with OpenJade.
> 'Course I have to get that to work, but I have confidence that I will get
> the tools to work.
>
> After all, it isn't following the instructions, it figuring out what the
> hell the instructions mean.  :)

No doubt!  I'm still pissed off about trying to understand
the DocBook FAQ which starts off by telling me that DocBook
is an sgml dtd or something.  For the love of Pete!
I just wanted the thing to compile and go away.

I've got no clue what dtd is, a fertilizer?
I have a bad feeling it has to do with slaughtering html.
What the heck is going on here?  I came from a time when
there wasn't any Windows Web Server, and any sane person
ran CERN httpd on Unix.   Mosaic was just as good as
Netscape 0.94beta as long as you didn't ask it to print.
Everything was aligned along the left hand margin, and
you _liked_ it.  So who came along and said a bunch of crack heads
could make sgml dtd's?

I know, it's the people who think we still run Materhorn :)

Must be time for a nap :-/
Matt