> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 03:19:33PM -0600, David Douthitt scribbled:
> > Of course, with a name like "EigerStein" perhaps you'd be better with
> > beer names...... nah....
>
> Heinestein
> Heinekuehler
> Imagine the missspellings...
>
> Sam Adamstein
> Basstein
>
> Heheh...

<groan> ;-)

> Seriously, though; just because it isn't called 'LEAF 1.0', doesn't
> mean you can't use "LEAF" in the name. How about LeafStein? It
> maintains the 'stein' that people are familiar with, but removes
> the "Eiger" and disassociates it from the mountain family, which
> using a new mountain name won't do but could offend Dave C the
> same way you [Charles] say ES bothers him.

Not a bad idea...

IMHO, what seems to bother Dave C. about the "Mountain" releases, is the
fact that they're based on Matthew Grant's 2.2.x kernel based LRP stuff
instead of Dave's newer 2.9.8 releases.  By starting with 2.9.8, we'll go a
long way towards making Dave C. more peased with our activities.  He'll
probably still be a bit annoyed with how much we change, but if we can make
everything a diff (or addon module) to LRP 2.9.8, I don't think he'll mind,
and might even fold some of our work into LRP (that is if he's doing any
more work that's not Butterfly).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net