On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Scott C. Best wrote:

> Pi:
>       Woof!
>       That's terribly annoying.

I agree, it just always seemed to annoy me personally at times where
taking a better look at it was not an option.

>       So...forgive my non-sed'ness, but what would be the
> equiv of, say: "grep -v -i FOO /etc/passwd" ?

The "-i" I'm not sure about, I tend to not use regexpes all that oftenly
either. A regular grep -v bar foo boils down to a

  sed -e "s/.*bar.*//" < foo

At least with some hackery you can usually get the same result you're
trying to get with the grep -v. Only it looks uglier :>

Pi