> I've had my interest renewed in updating Eigerstein, with the
> realization that Eigerstein ash is broken.  I seem to remember having
> problems with ash in LRP too, but with some patches I received from
> Erik Andersen (seems to me) I managed to recompile ash and now it
> works.
>
> What I propose is to update every binary (and/or library) possible
> with a newer version.  This does not include major shifts (like glibc
> 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.2) but would include updating everything else like ip,
> tracedump, ash, etc.  I would staunchly refuse to change the scripts.
>
> Would such an upgrade be respectable enough for EigersteinBeta3 ?
>
> This would at least extend the life of the current Eigerstein images
> for a little while, and make more things work...

I would LOVE to see this happen.  I just haven't had time to go digging
through all the new stuff you've compiled and replace the existing versions.
If anyone else has time to make this happen, you'll get my full support, and
what help I have time to provide (I can at least make the self-extracting
images, since I blew the $$ for a licensed copy of WinImage).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net