> The next problem I have now, that I don't understand is:
> After starting the weblet  The index page is visible ( not completely
> as some off the cgi-scripts are broken (no more ipchains etc).
> But as soon as I take one of the scripts from the cgi-bin it means
> intermittent trouble.
>
> f.e calling viewmasq
> creates a sh-httpd.xxx in tmp with the content of the page it should
> display.
> This temporary file should be "catted" to the page but this is done
> only once in a few times.  (it is no cache problem). The page is
> created every time as file.
>
> The problem seems to be in a construct
> case $FILE in
> ..
> .
> [ "$COMMAND" != HEAD ] && cat   (this isnt done every time)
> esac < $OUTPUT    ( where $OUTPUT is the temp.file sh-httpd.xxx)
> Anybody a suggestion ?

Hmm...the CGI programs are tricky.  sh-httpd sits around and waits for the
CGI to finish (the cgi script is run as a seperate process), then examins
the output before sending it to the client.  There are lots of places for
things to go wrong, especially if there are some bugs in the shell
interpreter (or perhaps just different bugs than in the ash that comes with
most LRP's).

There's not much I can do without replicating the environment here (which I
doubt I have time for unless you can send me a disk image), or a lot more
debugging info...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net