> Now and then I feel really dumb with some questions, but it took
> me several hours to find the location of the problem.
> Analyzing  the code, i always assume that the command does
> what it says,  but that just doesn't :(

Don't feel at all bad.  Actually, spending several hours on this sort of
problem is doing pretty good.  I've debugged lots of stuff, including a lot
of hardware, which can be very painful (no stepping through in a debugger
with your entire local context available).  The problems with a 'correct'
command simply not doing the right thing are VERY hard to track down, and
require you to have previously chased down all the 'obvious' solutions, and
begin questioning absolutely everything.  It's not at all uncommon so spend
several DAYS on one of these...

Also, as very well explained in The Cathedral & The Bazaar, finding the bugs
is usually the hardest part, and getting lots of eyes looking for bugs is
one of the big benifits of open source...actually fixing a well defined bug
is usually pretty trivial (or at least tends to be straight-forward...even
if you have to re-architect the whole program, at least you know WHY).

> A small step further onto the updated eigerstein ;)

Hooray!!!

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net