KP Kirchdörfer, 2001-04-30 19:38 +0200
>Am Montag, 30. April 2001 17:19 schrieben Sie:
> > Everyone,
> > I'm going to create the following directories in CVS on Thursday,
> > unless there are objections.
> >
> > /release +
> >           + /eigerstein
> >           + /ladybug
> >           + /oxygen
> >           + /quercus
> >
> > /script +
> >          + /weblet
> >          + (etc.)
> >
> > /package +
> >           + /base
> >           + /libs
> >           + /net
> >           + (etc.)
> >

> > Please comment on these proposed CVS changes.
>
>Where do I find in the tree for the upcoming eigersteinbeta3?

KP,
In:

release +
         + /eigerstein

It's still EigerStein right? Beta3 is just a new version. The "release"
tree contains LEAF project releases. Not release versions. Versions can be
made from the release tree at any time, by tagging and exporting it. After
export, they'll be made available for download from our "Files" area.

>I understand the need for /release and /script.
>
>/package can contain useful or used packages.
>
>But IMHO /base /libs and so on are heavily tight up with the different
>releases.

The Debian base directory contains packages that I believe aren't specific
to a release (e.g. ae, elvis-tiny, pppd). Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks.
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/source/base/

David packaged many more libs than the base for Oxygen. It would be nice if
the diffs will work for all the releases. Is this realistic?

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/