Morgan Reed, 2001-06-12 00:52 -0400
>This is an inital rough draft that I think/hope represents all of the
>ideas mentioned here.

Morgan,
It looks pretty good to me. For this to work we need all of our project
admins and a strong majority of developers to sign it. If this can't be
accomplished, I suggest that everyone do what they feel is best.

Personally, I'll probably follow Jacques and Ray, and unsubscribe from the
linux-router list.

>I agree with Ray that some notibles have reamined silent, and if there
>cannot be a consensus, then so be it, and a statemnt dies on the vine.
>My intent in suggestion a letter was to avoid an nudrectd
>"counterstrike" made in haste.

Actually a lot of them have. I hope this discussion hasn't made them
uncomfortable. If it has I'd like them to send email to me directly. If I
get enough negative responses I'll make a suggestion on our list to drop
the subject.