Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

> As I'm mainly looking for a stable replacement to my Eiger series disks, and
> the overall size of the distribution has shrunk considerably already, I'm
> going to stick with ctar for package creation.  I'm hoping this will be the
> last of the primarily LRP based releases, with new stuff using an updated
> packaging format, likely some version of your apkg application.

What do you mean by "last of the primarily LRP based releases"?

Also, apkg is now a separate package on the development images.  This
means, at least in theory, that apkg.lrp will be updated more regularly.

I'm still trying to get the root.lrp to be GNU libc-free.  I managed
(finally!) to compile ash statically; it is, however, 422k (!) in size.
ash is being folded into busybox as another applet; however, that ash
doesn't have math support: $(( xxxx ))

It would be worth it to use a different interpreter (such as lua or
eforth) except that ash STILL needs to be on disk, so space constraints
are impossible...

DHCP is another one... but I may release a new Oxygen version first,
with dhcpcd loaded as an addon on the disk.