The third release-candidate version of Dachstein-CD is now available.  This
version feels like it's getting pretty close to done.  Lots of minor
chagnges, none of them show-stoppers, just getting everything working the
way it should.  This version is the first release that has actually gotten
*SMALLER*, mainly due to the elimination of duplicate binaries in some of
the packages, and the migration to busybox for some others.

The iso image can be found in the usual places:
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/files/diskimages/dachstein-CD/
http://lrp1.steinkuehler.net/files/diskimages/dachstein-CD/
http://lrp2.steinkuehler.net/files/diskimages/dachstein-CD/

HELP NEEDED! - I have tested the pppoe package on systems here, but I do not
have access to a 'real' PPPoE account.  I have created a test network using
the roaring-penguin pppoe-server program, but I'd feel better if someone
running PPPoE could test it as well.  To run pppoe, make sure you're loading
all required modules (typically slhc,ppp,ppp_deflate,bsd_comp, and slip),
run adsl-setup to set your username & password, and edit network.conf to use
ppp0 for your external interface...that *should* do it (crossing my fingers
:)

UPGRADING:

Manual changes are only required if you are using either ipsec or pppoe.
Since I have stripped duplicate binaries into their own packages, you simply
need to add the following packages to your pakcage list (typically
/lrpkg.cfg on /dev/fd0) to satisfy dependencies:
  ipsec: add ifconfig and mawk
  pppoe: add ifconfig

For those of you booting off the CD, just burn a new CD from the current
image and reboot.

If you're booting off a floppy, you need to copy the new root.lrp from the
CD image to your boot floppy, as well as switch to the new CD.

----------
Changes from Dachstein-CD rc2 to Dachstein-CD rc3:
----------

Added init script to pppoe package

Added RCDLINKS variable to ppp init script

Added /etc/vimrc to vim package

Enhanced POSIXness version of basename
  optional suffix parameter now recognized
  (required for PPPoE scritps to work properly)

Removed several binaries from pppoe package:
  tty      - migrated to busybox
  wc       - migrated to busybox
  egrep    - migrated to busybox
  echo     - unnecessary...shell built-in used instead
  ifconfig - migrated to ifconfig.lrp
  route    - migrated to ifconfig.lrp

Removed several binaries from ipsec package:
  tr       - migrated to busybox
  awk/mawk - migrated to mawk.lrp
  ifconfig - migrated to ifconfig.lrp
  route    - migrated to ifconfig.lrp

Replaced existing mawk.lrp (from David Douthitt's Oxygen) with mawk from my
  ipsec package.  While my mawk is about 10K larger than David's, it does
  not require libm, which is huge...

Added/fixed busybox functions:
  egrep - Now properly uses extended regular expression matching
  tr    - added
  tty   - added
  wc    - added

Fix syslinux.cfg on bootdisk image (. instead of , between dhclient & dhcpd)

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net