On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, David Douthitt wrote:

> 1. What does the error code of 153 from gunzip mean?  It's not a GNU
> compatable code...
>
> 2. What does the error code of 153 from mkfs.minix mean?

I am making a wild guess here, but could it be that either program does
not set an explicit exit-value before terminating and that this value is
somehow also not properly initialized by the libc you use?

Cheers,
Pi

--
2) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
5) Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "IN."