arne @ loopback . org wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i spent my last two weeks in playing around with my gcc again, and made a
>first test version of a text/menu based version of a config frontend for lrp
>(it currently works for my version for kernel 2.4, based on lrp 2.9.8 and
>soon uClibc).

I've been playing with uClibc too lately, and with a little help most
binaries build with uClibc (or I chose an alternative). Perhaps we could
share some experience through the list ?

>For now it just configures the stuff in the network.conf, but this will
>change in the future.
>I would make versions for other lrp based dists also (like dachstein, oxygen
>??), but it should be clear that this will only work with configuration
>files NOT containing anything else than configuration keys-value pairs and
>comments (and no shell script functions like dachstein had in previous
>versions).
>This version now works (most of the time) and is intented to be a test, i
>know that i will have to rewrite a lot of things. It is not ready for
>production use, but i would people to have a look at it if they like (and
>help me find bugs, etc.).
>
>If anyone is interested, mail to me and i send you a copy of the program
>(bin only, the src will follow the next days).

Yes please. Or just post it somewhere on the net.

>It is statically compiled
>against uClibc and minislang and is 125KB in Size (the tar gz is aroung
>56kb).

So that will be around 30-40kb for uClibc I guess. So it will get
smaller. :-)

>It should be possible to get this even smaller, as size was not so
>importend for this test hack.
>I would just like to know, what people think.

 I do like the idea. But I wonder if it will be worth the extra space
this takes when we switch to a decent libc finally (if ever). But of
course you are using uClibc..... BTW, while we are at it, Charles, how
do you feel about a uClibc based version of Dachstein? I've been playing
with this a bit lately and it seems doable. The worst problem was
finding an ssh version that builds with uClibc (only lsh does).

Ewald Wasscher