Hi,

i spent my last two weeks in playing around with my gcc again, and made a
first test version of a text/menu based version of a config frontend for lrp
(it currently works for my version for kernel 2.4, based on lrp 2.9.8 and
soon uClibc).
For now it just configures the stuff in the network.conf, but this will
change in the future.
I would make versions for other lrp based dists also (like dachstein, oxygen
??), but it should be clear that this will only work with configuration
files NOT containing anything else than configuration keys-value pairs and
comments (and no shell script functions like dachstein had in previous
versions).
This version now works (most of the time) and is intented to be a test, i
know that i will have to rewrite a lot of things. It is not ready for
production use, but i would people to have a look at it if they like (and
help me find bugs, etc.).

If anyone is interested, mail to me and i send you a copy of the program
(bin only, the src will follow the next days). It is statically compiled
against uClibc and minislang and is 125KB in Size (the tar gz is aroung
56kb). It should be possible to get this even smaller, as size was not so
importend for this test hack.
I would just like to know, what people think.

so...

--arne