On Sunday 13 January 2002 07:51 am, Mike Noyes wrote:
> At 2001-11-13 12:14 -0500, David Douthitt wrote:
> >FSF Europe is advising authors to move away from SourceForge.
> >
> >What do you think?
> >
> >http://www.fsfeurope.org/news/article2001-10-20-01.en.html
>
> David,
> I now have a user id on Savana. Do you think this is a good place to create
> a mirror of our site? If so, I will apply for a LEAF project there.
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/

I have almost totally moved the Shorewall project off of Sourceforge. Besides
the issues raised in the above article, I worry about the long-term survival
of VA Linux (VA Software or whatever they call themselves this week). I see
them taking the steps described in the article as a rather desperate attempt
to generate some additional revenue through selling the Sourceforge software.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep    \ A Firewall for Linux 2.4.*
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]