At 2002-01-14 00:06 -0800, Pim van Riezen wrote:
>On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Mike Noyes wrote:
>
> > At 2001-11-13 12:14 -0500, David Douthitt wrote:
> > >FSF Europe is advising authors to move away from SourceForge.
> > >
> > >What do you think?
> > >
> > >http://www.fsfeurope.org/news/article2001-10-20-01.en.html
> >
> > David,
> > I now have a user id on Savana. Do you think this is a good place to
> > create a mirror of our site? If so, I will apply for a LEAF project
> > there.
> >
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/
>
>For those interested, I work for a national ISP and I've got plenty of
>resources at my disposal. I'm already running a properly-chrooted cvs
>server (from a 128kb line at home) which could very easily embrace LEAF.
>Room for a website (on a faster connection of course) would be relatively
>trivial to create.
>
>Housing the project somewhere independent of a larger collective that
>hosts many more projects might be a better idea; At the very least it may
>be less likely a target for crackers who are after a high profile/large
>quantity breakin.
>
>This is not to say that I wouldn't trust GNU with our sources, I'm just
>offering an alternative :)

Pi,
Thanks for the offer. I'm thinking along the lines of setting up mirror(s)
for the site right now. I think we should keep the main site on SF for now.

IMHO, if VA runs into problems, someone will pick up the support for
SourceForge. It never hurts to have contingency plans though.

Regarding your site, do you have ssh shell access, and do you have mysql,
php, and Apache hosting available? All of these are necessary for our site.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/