> Following problem:
> Using Dachstein and creating a separate ramdisk /dev/ram1 for
> /var/log malfunctions lrp.conf spacecheck.
> I think the spacecheck intention is to monitor /var/log, cause there
> are the most changes in file size during the routers lifetime and
> running out of space in /var/log causes several errors - sshd won't
> start, pppoe connections won't be established after disconnection
> etc. - all leading to router which can't be controlled remotely.
>
> Further investigation showed that multicron-p only looks for / when
> checking free space - which is useless, once you have a separate
> ramdisk for /var/log.
>
> Dummy solution, and this is what I did:
> add a parameter lrp_CHK_PART to lrp.conf and change multicron-p to
> use $lrp_CHK_PART in lrp.conf updatefree()
>
> Enhanced solution:
> lrp_CHK_PART should allow several partitions which will be checked
> and free'ed or at least a sending a mail with mailadmin().

Added to the list of things to fix for Dachstein 1.0.3

I'll probably try to get the script to check *ALL* currently mounted,
writable file-systems...maybe with an exclude variable in lrp.conf.  If this
doesn't work, I can fallback to the Enhanced solution, above.

Thanks for spotting the problem!

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net