On Wednesday 06 February 2002 02:04, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, guitarlynn wrote:
> > Yes, a product to keep me from cutting tiny toggle switches into
> > those blasted IDE cables would be a godsend! I can live with the CF
> > cards nicely though for the time being (if I can get one anyway)!
>
> My curiosity gets the better of me... just how many of these toggle
> switches have you installed, and how well have they worked?

hehe, I haven't to be honest .... I was in a strange mood @that time.
I probably shouldn't have put it in there, sorry.

I remember a long thread with some people trying this a couple of years
ago though, did anybody ever have any success??? If my memory
serves me right, there was a problem with disk-corruption errors if
the system tried to write to the HD.

It wouldn't be much trouble for me to try this if your really
interested though. A less frustrating way of trying would be to
wack a piece out of wire #23 and simply switch to another cable
to write.

I'll give it a try, I need to do some soldering today anyway!
You bit, I will too.

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!