No I'm not talking about Windows...... :-)

I found something called a SG Cluster, which is a floppy-based load
distributor system based on PicoBSD (a floppy-based BSD distribution
now being released WITH FreeBSD sources - like tinyX is).  This floppy
will act as a load director - that is, it hands out network traffic to
a number of "real" servers, and acts as a load balancer.  They also
are often a part of a "fail-over" cluster themselves, so that they
won't stop balancing the laod.

Has anyone seen this?  Since I have a current and professional
interest in Load Balancing Clusters, I'll take a look at it.

I've seen PicoBSD - and used it - it works in 8M!  I've not seen SG
Clusters before....

Anyone have experience with Linux load balancing cluster software like
Red Hat High Availability Server or TurboLinux Cluster?

I've got to start working on those images I wanted - like a bridge, or
a amateur radio setup, or a... a... load balancing director...
--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator