>Message: 2
>From: guitarlynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Leaf-devel] SF changes TOS
>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:48:07 -0600
>

>Canadian would be great, but legally you can't contribute from
>the US to their projects as I understand it.

As a Canadian citizen, I do not know what you are taking about. We have NO
restrictions on cryptography and our copyright laws are pretty much in sync
with the international community.

ISPs all over the world are seeking the protection granted to "carriers"
such as telcos rather than the burden of being the "publisher". The former
are immune from what you say on the line: they lease wires... The later are
responsible for everything YOU do, unless they can prove that you deceived
them. Easier said than done.

Usually, people are looking for venture capital from ANY source :-) and I
don't see why an open source project based in Canada would not be able to
accept contributions from the US or anywhere else. Theo de Raadt has a lot
of success with OpenBSD, distributed from Calgary, Canada. Here is some dope
on the Canadian Export Control List (http://axion.physics.ubc.ca/ECL.html).
However, if you have specifics, I will have a lawyer research this.

Regards,

Serge Caron