Hello all;

this might be discussed before, but I haven't found anything useful
on the list.

Problem description:
I want the Dachstein router to send mails, e.g ip-address after
reboot.
ipmail should do it, but I get an error "error parsing sender
address"

I think that $user in POSIXness.mail is empty until a user is logged
in. Therefor we get a empty sender address.

As a workaround I added a new line to POSIXness.mail after
user=${USER:-$LOGNAME}
I inserted
user=${USER:-root}

to replace the empty user with a valid name/sender.

Four questions:
1) Is my analysis wrong? Whatelse could be the problem?

2) If I'm correct, is there a better approach to fix this?

3) If not, will this workaround raise other problems?

4) If not, will Charles add that to POSIXness.mail?

Thanks for your attention