On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, jim mcdonagh wrote:

> Yes i noticed that.  I had to put in the complete file name.
>
> Could it be because there is is a line in
> root.exclude.list of /var/lib/shorewall?

That's a good point. /var/lib/shorewall has traditionally been used for
maintaining state information about the running configuration. There's no
need to back up those files.

Jacques: You may wish to change the value of STATEDIR in your
shorewall.conf to something other than /var/lib/shorewall so that when
folks back up the latter, they won't get the state files.

Let me know if you would like me to change the value in my copy of the LRP
as well; I'm already maintaining a separate shorewall.conf just for LRP
anyway.

-Tom
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]