Lynn

At 04:11 03.07.2002, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 02 July 2002 08:33, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>
> > First, a point of order.  In my view of the world, there are two
> > major issues currently being discussed:
><snip>
> > I think it would probably help prevent confusion if mods to the web
> > server itself refer to sh-httpd, while issues related to making
> > html/cgi code to monitor or configure the system use the weblet
> > moniker.
>
>Agreed, I attempted to clarify this earilier. I considered anything with
>configuration a "seperate entity", but if Weblet is modularized the
>argument is moot.

>I don't have a huge amount of time myself, but I can work on the
>core integration with the present Release(s) configuration to a
>script-based one. In honesty, I really haven't gone through much
>of the present CGI/Weblet scripts yet. If I can catch up with Richard's
>changes, I'll be happy to help in any manner there as well.
>It appears that I was working in a reverse order to everyone else... ;-)

I believe most of the stuff Richard has done is accessing the existing
information and reorganizing the config files. This will make it easier to
do the actual config stuff. I am concentrating (with what little time I
have left) right now on the weblet stuff, e.g. being able to present the
parameters to the cgi script in a standardised way. I am still looking for
a working patch to my sh-httpd (0.4.1, from DCD 1.02). I have not been able
to apply the one Peter mailed, it probably got mangled by the mail client
on the way, so if anyone has a patched sh-httpd 0.4.1 or later would you
please mind sharing it with me :-)

My suggestion is to present the parameters from the HTTP form in
environment variables of the same name prefixed with something you can set
in weblet.conf, e.g.

in GET format
./whatever.cgi?foo=bar&baz=baf

${prefix}${foo} will have a value of bar
${prefix}${baz} will have a value of baf

Ideas,critics...

thanks

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16