Brad,

[snip from below]
it *seems*
like you should be okay unless you try to back up two instances
simultaneously (or perform other simultaneous write operations to
/dev/ubd0)
[/snip]

I ran simultaneous full back ups and timed it so that I did both, backing up
the same file on both at the same time and backing up different files at the
same time. When I rebooted both UML routers they came up fine. I was unable
to find any problems.

[snip from below]
It also seems like you could overwrite a package
backup from one instance with a later backup from a second
instance
[/snip]

This I have also tested and it did not cause a problem. I just did a simple
name change on each router and then backed one up and then the other. I then
rebooted both and they came up with the new names just as I had set them.

Let me know if you think of anything else that might cause a problem and I
will go ahead and test it.

Regards,
Eric