-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brad Fritz
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 12:38 AM
To: Eric B Kiser
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-devel] UML Questions

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:12:15 -0400 Eric Kiser wrote:

> Brad,
>
> [snip from below]
> it *seems*
> like you should be okay unless you try to back up two instances
> simultaneously (or perform other simultaneous write operations to
> /dev/ubd0)
> [/snip]
>
> I ran simultaneous full back ups and timed it so that I did both, backing
up
> the same file on both at the same time and backing up different files at
the
> same time. When I rebooted both UML routers they came up fine. I was
unable
> to find any problems.

I may have misunderstood your setup.  Are you using a single
Bering file system image for both UML instances (like I assumed),
or are you using multiple copies of the file system, one for
each UML instance?

Your test results seem to indicated the latter, but "I...used the
exact same script for each instance of Bering UML" suggests to me
the former.

Either way, it's hard to argue with success.  If it works as you
expect and fits your needs, life is good, right?

--Brad