> As a side note:
>
> In the midst of my frustration at trying to get this to work I loaded
> David's vim.lrp just to see if it would have the same invisible cursor
> problem and it did not. In the process however I discovered that vim
is
> really cool! Is their a way to change the default editor used by
lrcfg? If
> so then I would like to play around with this.

lrcfg uses the command "edit" to launch the editor.  On Dachstein, this
script was modified to support selectable editors:

# cat `which edit`
#!/bin/sh

# Launch the desired editor:
eval ${EDITOR:-e3} "$@"

So, you can do something like "export EDITOR=vim" in your .profile or
startup scripts somewhere.  If you don't have an "edit" that lets you
pick your favorite editor, you can use the code snippit above, or
manually configure edit to call the editor of choice.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net