Eric said:
> At least not for what I want to do, you are aiming a lot higher. My goal
>  would be to provide a non NIC dependent solution for loading a small
> storage device (floppy) and still have the flexibility to load any
> number  of packages (memory limitations forbid). Actually a very simple
> goal. I  believe your approach would cover all my needs but as said, you
> are aiming  a lot higher. I would like to implement it as a snap in to
> the existing  Bering distribution and IMHO this forbids any tampering
> with linuxrc.

...so you also would need DHCP/BOOTP server in the "location" where you
place your leaf firewall then - or?

I don't know to much about the leaf startup process (yet) to thinker with
all the scripts however, it seams to me, that it should not be that hard
for a person that is somewhat more experienced.  As said before - I'll be
more than happy to be a tester proveded we have a "propper" remote
solutions built.

Best regards
Jorn