Mike

At 10:17 04.07.2004 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
>Everyone,
>I'd like us to complete the work Chad Carr started on the leaf config
>system. This is one of the main deficiencies I feel we have presently.
>lrcfg isn't viable as a sole option anymore. Chad's system allows for
>multiple front-end support from command line to http using templates.

I have contemplated some time to write a new front end to our configuration system. I
am not sure just a new standardized database and API (that's what I understood Chad's
system is) will be sufficient to reach this goal. IMHO what we are missing are parser
and converter routines _to_and_from the existing Debian configuration files. In order
to achieve  this, each and every package maintainer would also have to maintain the
interface routines to the respective package, else modifications to the _original_
format will go unnoticed.

thoughts

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16