Hello Mike;

are you still around?

I'm getting more and more annoyed by the fact that I'm waiting for more than a
year to see the documentation pages in a readable state - see
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/

It's really hard to design and write doc's  (esp. if one's native language
isn't english) - and a lot of people tried hard to provide guides and howto's
to alleviate the usage of LEAF appliances and to teach new developers about
the LEAF specifics.
But as the documentation page presents itself to the users today, all of the
work is nearly useless. Even die-hard LEAF users do have difficulties to find
the chapters they are interested in.
And it is discouraging to work on new docs, if they are buried in a
conglomerate of titles, subtitles and subsubtitles.

Another issue is, that still the first guide is a Bering guide. This IMHO a
bad design decision - the latest Bering version is more than three years old.
Who expects a user to wade through all that stuff to find (newly written)
docs for Bering-uClibc or any other recent distribution? The way it is, it
looks for a mere user, that there is a project, which does have some new
releases, but a dead documentation. Which is not true!!! We are working
constantly to improve doc's and provide new documentation - but it's lost!

Mike, I've asked you at least twice in the last year privately to solve this
issues - to no avail. Cause the situation is getting worth with our upcoming
3.0 version, where new docs should be visible, I'm going to ask in public -
and yes I'm embarassed.
Less by the fact that nothing had happend -  but if you feel LEAF isn't your
project any longer, if you still have difficulties to work due to your
accident - why didn't you just asked for help for page maintenance?

The way it is, is bad and it can just become better.