Hi Erich,

>> Are you sure you're using the latest checkout of apps/linux? The
>> linux/if_pppol2tp.h file is part of the pppol2tp-linux-2.4.27.patch.gz
>> patch in the linux CVS directory.
>
> I have not seen that patch in my linux directory, so it is very possible
> that it is not up to latest level. I still have not yet found a way to keep
> up to the development without destroying my own config. How do you guys
> handle to have your own workspace and still keep up with CVS. buildtool
> does not appear to be the solution for this.

It's not really meant for it. We don't really have our "own" workspace,
CVS head is our workspace. But why do you need your own workspace? Do you
have that much changes from the files in CVS?

> Checking out the apps manually does not appear to result in the same
> tree structure as buidltool does, there is no patch directory :-(
>
> Is is easiest to keep it apart from the source directory and update it
> manually?

If you have a few packages with changes from the mainline, it's indeed the
easiest to just checkout everything (and keep it current) and copy new
files for privately changed packages to the source directory.

> cheers
>
> Erich

Eric