Hi,

I just uploaded a modified Bering-2.6.35.8.config (for
CONFIG_ATA_OVER_ETH) and in the process broke the kernel build.

The problem is that the i686 / i486 / geode patch files include the
timestamp on line 4. If this changes in the "base"
Bering-2.6.35.8.config the patches don't apply cleanly and the build
fails. It seems a shame to have to update all of the KARCH patches every
time we change the base .config.

I have "fixed" it for now by changing the date back to what it was
(while keeping my CONFIG_ATA_OVER_ETH modification) but I am sure this
will happen again, when we change the base .config for other reasons.

Not sure what the best solution is... open to suggestions.

davidMbrooke