30.11.2010 00:34, Per Sjoholm пишет:
> On 2010-11-29 22:52, Andrew wrote:
>> 29.11.2010 23:32, Per Sjoholm пишет:
>>> Hi
>>> I been trying to make a diskimage with a fat32 partition for use with
>>> virtualbox or qemu.
>>>
>>> Bering-uClibc_4.0-beta1_i486_syslinux_vga.tar.gz and installation
>>> instruction for usb/CF
>>> assumes a partition.
>>>
>>> My idee was to configure leaf using a virtual environment and then write
>>> the image to a media.
>>>

>>> Any suggestion on how create a diskimage and a best practice for using qemu
>>> or virtualbox?
>>>
>>> I can update the wiki(need permission)
>>>
>>> /Per
>> LEAF has syslinux, fdisk and mkfs.vfat; so you may boot from CD image,
>> load required packages (hdsupp, possible something else), and create
>> partition&   make it bootable; then - extract here tarball.
>> But IMHO it'll be better not to write full image, it'll be better to
>> make system (syslinux) partition and place here all distro by packages.
>>
> Yes, I have done it with cdrom/iso image and floppy.
> On floppy you have the device and no partition.
> We are leaving floppies.
>
> On usb and hd/CF-card you want to use partitions.
> One for system and for one  configuration, possible more depending on usage.

It's enough to have 1 partition for both packages and config.
> With
> syslinux  bering.img
> The configuration in tarball assumes /dev/sda1 (a vfat partition).
> syslinux on diskimage with no partition will boot.
> But LINUXRC does not find the configurations(leaf.cfg) as no /dev/sda1.

What HDD devices you saw in /dev?
> Either some one prepare a empty image (for download) with a partition and
> instruktion on how to mount and copy
> files(tarball) to it.
> Or better(IMHO) a instruction for creating  image with partitions from
> scratch, mounting partitions and copy tarball.
>

> /Per
It's quite easy: make by fdisk 1st partition, change type to FAT32, make
it active and write changes, then - mkfs.vfat /dev/sda1, then - syslinux
-i /dev/sda1 (possible with force key -f), then - mount it and extract
tarball here.