Hi.

18.10.2011 21:41, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:
> On the other hand, I'm currently thinking about the idea to build a "later"
> branch to testdrive uClibc 0.9.32. I haven't tested the already built
> packages and images in production, but a first try looks promising (see Trac
> ticket #36).
Yes, I also thinking on new '5.0' branch, with fresher kernel, uClibc
(it seems like 0.9.32 has nptl - so stack protection in gcc can be
enabled), reworked toolchain (with separated 'host' and 'target'
binaries and more common way toolchain assembly w/o magic tricks and
dirty hacks) to make possible cross-compilation for/on other platforms
and so on. I think I'll have time to start new branch in some weeks when
I made some changes to buildtool and check them.
> But I'd like to see, what Andrew thinks about it ("how do we merge between
> master and a "later" branch without having too much working maintaing both?
> etc).
>
> kp
It's easy. Just do 'git pull <repo> <stablebranch>' when you are on
experimental branch (even in other repo) - and all comits from
<stablebranch> that were made after new branch creation will be merged
into experimental :)