Am 11.06.2012 17:38, schrieb Andrew:
> Hi.
> This is bad idea, it can break all userland that was compiled for older
> uClibc - so mixing different versions of base libs/compilers/kernels
> isn't good idea for minor releases.
> You can include new package into 5.x branch (I think we'll have first
> alpha in June/July), or you can try to patch uClibc to add feature to
> 0.9.30.3
>
> 11.06.2012 10:58, Yves Blusseau написал:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i'm trying to build a new package: ndppd
>> (http://www.priv.nu/projects/ndppd/) but our uClibc (v 0.9.30.3) have one
>> missing defined constant: ETHERTYPE_IPV6.
>> This constant is in the /usr/include/net/ethernet.h. For the moment i made a
>> patch to add this constant for ndppd, but i think it will be better to have
>> it defined in the standard headers.
>> I have checked and the /usr/include/net/ethernet.h has been updated in the
>> uClibc v0.9.31.
>> So my question is do you think it's possible to update uClibc to a newer
>> version for leaf 4.3 ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yves

Hi;
agree with Andrew - and to epxlain a bit more: The major number is meant
as binary compatible (:= fixed major uClibc version), the second number
is for changes that breaks some packages like with kernel updates, the
third are maintenace releases.

See also
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/bering-uclibc/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=8:8

I talked with David it may be worth a test to update uClibc to 0.9.33.x
instead of 0.9.32 for 5.x.

My personal timeframe is to build a beta for 4.3 until end of week, from
then on 4.x is IMHO more or less frozen except for bugfixes.

I see a good chance for 5.x alpha in July as June is is nearly half
gone... :)

Can someone with more knowledge pls merge master with branch?