Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 23:50 +0300, Andrew wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> What showstoppers we have for tagging BuC 5.0-alpha release? I saw that
> samba still fails to build due to headers missing (uuid/uuid.h).

I am currently seeing a clean build for all packages when using the i486
toolchain. For me, configuring samba omits uuid support:
 configure: DNS Updates support only possible with AD and GSSAPI support
 checking uuid/uuid.h usability... no
 checking uuid/uuid.h presence... no
 checking for uuid/uuid.h... no
 configure: uuid.h is needed to enable DNS Updates support

Could you please send me your samba build log (off-list) so I can
compare? Most likely it is picking up something from your build host.

> Also I planned to add zram support (I think that using it in usual way -
> as swap - should be optimal) - but it isn't showstopper for alpha
> release, this will be a minor change (mostly - kernel config will be
> changed, + small init modification, + mkswap/swapon applets in busybox
> should be enabled).
>
> And now we have independent userland and kernel-related packages - so we
> can provide multiple kernel versions for one LEAF version. Of course,
> this will require some rework of make scripts, and some rework of
> packaging scripts. IMHO this shouldn't hurt anything, but in future
> it'll allow to have stable LTS kernel and bleeding-edge kernel with all
> modern hw support inside one v5 branch.
>
> Any suggestions?

Wouldn't it be better to maintain different Git branches for different
versions of the kernel?

dMb