Hi Erich;

Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2015, 18:39:28 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi KP
>
> Am 06.01.2015 um 18:05 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> > I hoped Yves will respond with much more experience about git than I have.

> > Looking at your git commits in config branch I'm curious if works as
> > expected. AFAIK it's wrong to merge from maint to config and to merge
> > back into maint. So we may see problems when merging config as a
> > whole...????
>
> I am surprised, I never even tried to merge maint into config, just
> (tried to) rebase config as maint moved on and apparently my local
> repository somehow got out of sync with origin.

It should be no major problem if maint moves on  - merging your commits to
config into maint would have been easy without rebasing. I've done that a few
times as adviced here:

http://bering-uclibc.zetam.org/wiki/Bering-uClibc_5.x_-_Developer_Guide_-_Appendices_-_Git_Workflows

esp.:
http://bering-uclibc.zetam.org/wiki/Developer_Guide_-_Git_Workflows#Topic_branches

> Hopefully there will be no problems, else as Andrew remarked,
> cherrypicking might be the right way, but it appears to be tedious. I
> have yet to see a comprehensive tool to compare and merge two branches.

Hopefully Yves will help if that causes issues :)

Anyway, since you've asked for single commit for next release, I'd say just
commit this one and we'll see how we can solve other possible issues later.