Hello all, and happy new year.

Cherry picking is not a good solution.
If you want to commit only some changes from one branch to another you can use
git add -p for example to select the portion of « code » you want to add. You
can alse use rebase -i to create specific commits in a branch and only merges
that ones into another branch.

If you describe exactly the problem i can think about what can be the « best
solution ».

Regards,
Yves