This relates to the apparently commonplace problem with @home users whereby
they lose the ability to obtain a lease after being moved to a new subnet.
The recommended solution was to get the latest greatest dhclient.lrp package
(which I did).

After swapping in the newer(est) dhclient package I'm unable to have it run
at all during boot.  This is an Eiger Dynamic box with IPSec.  I think I
know why, but I can't recall how to fix this!

The problem is that IPSec is starting before the eth0 lease has been
obtained.  I need to have dhclient run before IPSec does.  I solved this
before with a numerical value that gave the relative priority of the
packages... but I don't remember where this was!  I suspect I overwrote this
with the new dhclient package.

R Brock Nanson, P.Eng.   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
TRUE Consulting Group
201 - 2079 Falcon Road
Kamloops BC V2C4J2       www.true.bc.ca