Chris:

        Heya. As Ray said in an earlier mail, the idea of
using MACID's to specify the server is so that you can
give the server its IP address however you want: statically
or dynamically.
        If you have services that move box to box, you'd
need to re-initialize echowall after the switch. Which I
think you'd have to do in any IP-address-based script as
well. So, in echowall.conf, I could see:

#NAPSTER_HOST_MACID="ab:cd:ef:gh:ij"
NAPSTER_HOST_MACID="lm:no:pq:rs:tu"

        And you just uncomment the one that's correct
for your LAN on a given day. Then just "echowall start"
and it'll setup for you.
        Hope this helps!

-Scott