Hey guys,

I'm trying to get ipsec 1.5 working on eigerstein. I have gone through the configs and set everything up. It appears to come up and start ok with no errors. I was getting a error about the rp_filter setting being to 1 instead of 0 but I managed to compensate for that. Still I'm surious if thats normal with the ipsec kernel and lrp package from lrp.steinkuehler.net. I added the recommended settings as well. The routes appear to be ok and the tunnel seems to start ok but nothing pings through. If I add echowall with its ipsec settings I get ipchains errors. Without echowall the pings just don't come back and with echowall I get a "send to error"
I feel like I have a good grasp on what ipsec needs to run as far as protocols 50 and 51 with udp port 500 goes. Unfortunately I don't know how to be sure they are open and working. In a following message I will post the look and barf outputs. I also get a paste not found error when I do a ipsec look following the first chunk of tunnel data. Anyways if anyone has any ideas or knows where I might find more info on configuring and testing ipsec on lrp in particular I'd be glad to hear about them.

Thanks a ton

John