The space preceeding the !/bin/sh has been corrected,
but I'm still getting the not found errors. When the
system boots, the last thing that happens prior to the
block.sh script is that Seawall is run. Here is a
brief clip of the screen:

Defining Seawall Chain
done.
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
: not found
Starting /usr/bin/dnscache...

It's not very explanatory, but that's what I've got.
Among the things I have tried are changing the
!/bin/sh to !/bin/bash, and playing with permissions
on the block.sh file.

TIA,
Rich Lohman

Ray Olszewski wrote:

It would be easier to troubleshoot this if you had
included examples of the "numerous 'not found' errors"
you got. It all looks OK to me, except for the obvious
typo on the very first line. Where you say

# !/bin/sh

you need to say

#!/bin/sh

(without the extra space).

If this is only a typo in the copy you sent to us, and
not in the actual script, I really will need to see
the errors.

=====