"Michael D. Schleif" wrote:

> Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> >
> > > We've *not* been able to get mailonerr/moe.config to work (from Charles'
> > > website: <http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/Packages/Utilities.htm>).
> > >
> > > It fails at this line:
> > >
> > > { su $su_usr -c "$cmd" } 2>$prefix.err 1>$prefix.out
> > >
> > > The command:
> > >
> > > su $su_usr -c "$cmd"
> >
> > Hmm...barring a problem with the script itself (like DOS end-of-lines or
> > something when it got downloaded), I don't know what's wrong.  Verify the
> > script didn't get mangled, and if it looks OK, provide details on the system
> > you're running.  I did have to make some mods to moe when I migrated it to a
> > 'full' linux system (a RH 7.0 system running bash).  I don't think this was
> > one of the problems I encountered, but it could have been...
>
> First, let me say that we're still struggling with mail server issues;
> so, success on this issue probably does *not* require mail received ;<
>
> Yes, we cleanse all scripts of the dreaded ^M, including this one.  If
> there is some other mangling issue, we remain unaware . . .
>
> I'm puzzled by the use of curly braces '{  }' in that line.  *Without*
> the braces, we can call mailonerr from CLI _without_ error.

In fact, removing the braces results in mail received!

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

"Dare to fix things before they break . . . "

"Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . . "