Hi Etienne:

I think is interesting, I just want to express some thougths, let me know
what all of you think:

One way is to implement the logic at the lrp box itself,while may be a
logical way I think it's not the better one.

The way a I think will be more interesting is to be able to read configs from
a (or various) LRP box/es throught a secure channel SSH and be able to change
thinks via web interface in a server machine using anything you like java or
perl or whatever you like, then when finish the config, transfer the files to
the lrp and reboot, probabily with filesafe or other mechanism that can boot
the last working config, may be we broke something more times that we want
:-))

anyway I think it's important to keep the lrp as minimalist in concerns about
security as you can, the space  is important but secondary IMHO now that you
can boot from a disk on chip or compactflash with 128 MB or more, but even
that if you use a middle server to do that you can use a normal box and
implement as much logic as you want... I'm listening all of you saying. What
about security of that server.... Ok I let this for discussion too ;-)

Francisco Perez

El Dom 16 Sep 2001 10:13, escribiste: